applied math research

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
sarath

applied math research

Post by sarath » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:41 am

Hi My name is sarath
Finished bachelors in Electrical and electronics with first class honours 7.6/10 from Anna University.Did masters from computer control & automation with CGPA 3/5 and have 6 years industry experience.if i get good score in gre maths and gre, can i be able to apply any PHd studies in USA.Kindly let me know if any university considers

Thanks
Sarath

sarath

Re: applied math research

Post by sarath » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:31 pm

As no reply has come I think I should not apply.Thank u guys

caxton

Re: applied math research

Post by caxton » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 pm

sarath wrote:Hi My name is sarath
Finished bachelors in Electrical and electronics with first class honours 7.6/10 from Anna University.Did masters from computer control & automation with CGPA 3/5 and have 6 years industry experience.if i get good score in gre maths and gre, can i be able to apply any PHd studies in USA.Kindly let me know if any university considers

Thanks
Sarath
Hi Sarath, I finished in Electrical / Electronics Engineering too. Your question cannot be answered that easily. What are you interested in researching at the PhD level? Only you can really tell. When you are certain then you can check school by school.

If you do not have a strong enough research interest / desire to be in a PhD program, you're probably better off sticking to your job, and be content with your Masters. Cos I hear there are indeed many students in the PhD program filled with regrets. :roll:
sarath wrote:As no reply has come I think I should not apply.Thank u guys
8) A little patience...