Rice CAAM decisions?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
dangxing

Rice CAAM decisions?

Post by dangxing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:30 pm

I saw there is one person got offer in the forum. Anyone else heard from the Rice?

cooltrainer

Re: Rice CAAM decisions?

Post by cooltrainer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:06 pm

I like how UMD AMSC (and many other schools) replied to my emails even though their answers were not definite. Rice CAAM has never replied to me, even when I had a technical problem with my application in January. I am glad I am not going to live in the unpleasant and boring Houston in the next 6 years of my life.

dangxing

Post by dangxing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 pm

cooltrainer wrote:I like how UMD AMSC (and many other schools) replied to my emails even though their answers were not definite. Rice CAAM has never replied to me, even when I had a technical problem with my application in January. I am glad I am not going to live in the unpleasant and boring Houston in the next 6 years of my life.

That's true they barely reply. I hate it, too.

efajardo

Post by efajardo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:40 pm

dangxing wrote:
cooltrainer wrote:I like how UMD AMSC (and many other schools) replied to my emails even though their answers were not definite. Rice CAAM has never replied to me, even when I had a technical problem with my application in January. I am glad I am not going to live in the unpleasant and boring Houston in the next 6 years of my life.

Hi! Would you mind sharing your profile?

tbil

Post by tbil » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:49 pm

dangxing wrote:

Yeah they never replied to my requests for status updates either. Maybe too busy...? After they didn't reply to me twice I counted myself out of having any chance. :o

tbil

Post by tbil » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Actually, I was just reading their grad FAQ and it says, in two separate places,
Please refrain from contacting the department about the status of your application; this will only lengthen the selection process.
Please do not contact department to check on your application status. You can check your application status online with your username and password.

So maybe that's why they never reply to status update questions. I feel like a dope for never having read that... :) http://www.caam.rice.edu/grad_faq.html

dangxing

Post by dangxing » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:42 pm

tbil wrote:Actually, I was just reading their grad FAQ and it says, in two separate places,
Please refrain from contacting the department about the status of your application; this will only lengthen the selection process.
Please do not contact department to check on your application status. You can check your application status online with your username and password.

So maybe that's why they never reply to status update questions. I feel like a dope for never having read that... :) http://www.caam.rice.edu/grad_faq.html
I feel like that I already lose my chance