Two Weeks to go, any suggestions?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
ralphhumacho

Two Weeks to go, any suggestions?

Post by ralphhumacho » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:08 pm

So I'm taking the Math GRE Subject Test in two weeks (Nov 8 I think) and am currently around the 70-85%ile range. I would love to score >85%, but I'm having some trouble since I will not take Complex Analysis until next semester (my last semester of undergrad).

Anyone have any advice for the last two weeks? I pretty much have two full weekends and lots of time during the week to study, and I was wondering if I should try to cram some basic complex analysis in -or- if I should just solidify what I already know. By not having taken Complex, I am usually unable to answer about 3 questions, which usually knocks me down about 5-6% ile points. And from what my friend told me, the Complex questions are really easy if you have taken the class.

Any recommendations? Is two weeks feasible? Or should I just keep taking practice tests and reviewing other topics I know?

amateur

Post by amateur » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 pm

You may go over complex integrals if you have some idea of complex numbers, especially De Moivre's Theorem.

Regarding my last two weeks, I am just going over all the tests once again GR8767, 9367, 9768, 0568 and Princeton Review Full Length Test (Didn't try this one till now) to see if I can cope with the time pressure...