What scores to send?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
marco

What scores to send?

Post by marco » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi:

So I want to send my GRE Subject Scores today and I am not sure what strategy is best to take? I got a percentile 61 on October but I am confident that I will be able to score higher on the November. I can blindly send the November score, but what if something totally unexpected happens and I score lower than on October? I would have to resend the scores with the higher October score but would the universities mind this?
On the other hand if I send both scores, universities like Minnesota or Princeton will have to see that pesky 61 score.

Obviously my question is for universities who have a December deadline because with universities with a January deadline I can send the subject scores knowing both my results.

What would you do?

math_applicant

Re: What scores to send?

Post by math_applicant » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:02 pm

why don't you email the grad admissions at those schools asking them how they handle multiple scores, especially if the later score is lower? Also, I think schools expect the GRE scores arrive a bit later than the deadline, u could check whether u will have enough time if send urs on Dec 10th.