Good luck October test-takers!

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
tikalora

Good luck October test-takers!

Post by tikalora » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 pm

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone who is taking the subject test this Saturday. Know that I will be suffering along with you. I cannot wait for my mandatory beer and ice cream afterwards.

(Did I mention that this is during my fall break? Ick. So much for relaxation...)

Legendre

Re: Good luck October test-takers!

Post by Legendre » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 am

Good luck to everyone!!!! :mrgreen:

CoxZucker_Machine

Post by CoxZucker_Machine » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:41 am

Good luck tomorrow! I'm stressing ballz right now. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon

marco

Post by marco » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Good luck and congratulations! We are reaching the end of what i think is the most stressful part of the application process! May the odds be ever in your favor :) !

Post by 26186514 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Good luck to everyone, including myself!
Just want to thank everyone for the help. I will miss this forum for sure. :lol:

mnbv

Post by mnbv » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Good luck everyone!

I'm curious as to what people's strategy is with regard to taking it again in November now that ets lets you choose which scores to report. Are people planning to take it again regardless, or if they feel bad about the test tomorrow?

tikalora

Post by tikalora » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:38 pm

mnbv wrote:Good luck everyone!

I'm curious as to what people's strategy is with regard to taking it again in November now that ets lets you choose which scores to report. Are people planning to take it again regardless, or if they feel bad about the test tomorrow?
Even after my terrible experience today, I won't be taking it again. My main problem is the time constraint, so I don't think my score would improve. The fact that I would be taking it without knowing my first scores also bothers me. Finally, I really don't want to spend another $150 on a test.

Post by 26186514 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't feel very good about today's test too..
There is no familiar questions from previous years.
tikalora wrote:

Even after my terrible experience today, I won't be taking it again. My main problem is the time constraint, so I don't think my score would improve. The fact that I would be taking it without knowing my first scores also bothers me. Finally, I really don't want to spend another $150 on a test.

rmg512

Post by rmg512 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:55 pm

tikalora wrote:

Taking lots of practice tests should improve your pacing. If it's more than just a formality to you, I highly recommend taking the test again.

Legendre

Post by Legendre » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:59 pm

rmg512 wrote: Taking lots of practice tests should improve your pacing. If it's more than just a formality to you, I highly recommend taking the test again.
I agree. Practice will certainly improve your performance on the test. Furthermore I heard that the questions are often repeated, if not, the style of the questions will repeat. And you'll also learn time management tricks that can help you.

tikalora

Post by tikalora » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 am

Legendre wrote:
rmg512 wrote: Taking lots of practice tests should improve your pacing. If it's more than just a formality to you, I highly recommend taking the test again.
I agree. Practice will certainly improve your performance on the test. Furthermore I heard that the questions are often repeated, if not, the style of the questions will repeat. And you'll also learn time management tricks that can help you.
Thanks for your thoughts. I had already taken 3 of the GRE practice tests before this exam. I'm notoriously bad at standardized tests, so personally for me I don't think taking it again would help. I think I have a very, very strong application aside from my subject scores, so I'm going to hope that addressing my scores in my personal statement helps.

mandelawillson

Post by mandelawillson » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 am

Best of luck to everyone, I am just want to thank everyone for the help.
Because all about gre discussion help full my study.