Nov. 13 expected RESULTS!!!

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
mewss

Nov. 13 expected RESULTS!!!

Post by mewss » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:21 am

Guys,
Let's share what results we expect for our tests.
As for me, I did 58, but I'm not sure for about 8 of them.
Any ideas, what percentile could be 50-52 row score?

trevaskis

Re: Nov. 13 expected RESULTS!!!

Post by trevaskis » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:47 am

Did 46, was confident about most of them however I expect that I got a few wrong without realising.

smartiful

Post by smartiful » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 am

mewss wrote: Any ideas, what percentile could be 50-52 row score?
Unless people suddenly got much more brilliant or the test much easier (unlikely), this would be at least 80%, possibly even 90%. In either case you should be fine, as the test is rumoured to be mostly used as a threshold.

I don't dare to predict my score, didn't even have time to count the blanks, should be somewhere between half a dozen and a dozen. Not much guessing (my experience from the October test is that you spend too much time trying to construct weird counter-examples, with too high a chance that they're not counter-examples after all), perhaps 3 educated guesses in total, but some questions I definitely got wrong without realising. Since this thread is about expectations, here's my best guess:

- Answered 56 questions and feel confident about 51 of them.

logaritym

Post by logaritym » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:14 am

3 blank and some (~3) educated guesses. Unfortunately, I usually make a lot of stupid mistakes (simple miscalculations, not-well read problems, etc.) and didn't have enough time to check the answers again, so I hope that my RAW SCORE is 50-55. It was tougher than I expected...
Do you know when the results will be available online?

soshdog

Post by soshdog » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:36 am

Only did 37 of them and know I missed at least 3 or 4 :(

alex

Post by alex » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:03 pm

i did 53, but made several educated guesses - not sure how many. i've already determined two questions that i missed and one that i got right out of my guess. my (optimistic) prediction is that i missed 5 from guessing and another 5 from careless mistakes, so 40-41ish raw score maybe hopefully.

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Walking out of October's test I was questioning if I should even apply to schools or not. Walking out of this test, I wasn't. So I feel I will find I have done better on the November test. I answered 55 of 66 in comparison to the 40 of 60 I answered first time around so a silly extrapolation which is almost definitely wrong would imply I got a 770 this time around (which I can add to my list of "good" standardized math scores).

mdornbos

Post by mdornbos » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Chapel wrote:Walking out of October's test I was questioning if I should even apply to schools or not. Walking out of this test, I wasn't. So I feel I will find I have done better on the November test. I answered 55 of 66 in comparison to the 40 of 60 I answered first time around so a silly extrapolation which is almost definitely wrong would imply I got a 770 this time around (which I can add to my list of "good" standardized math scores).
I agree completely. I was very discouraged walking out of October's test and when I got my score I thought my future was over in math. I realized I was too stressed in October and was much more relaxed and focused for November. I guess it really does help to spend time actually reading the questions fully and cognitively.

I answered 50 yesterday and was very confident on most of them, with some educated guessing so I'm thinking raw score in the upper 30's-lower 40's. I only answered 36 or so in October, very unconfidently too. It's crazy what one month can change.