Retaking GRE

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
ADlibertyRP

Retaking GRE

Post by ADlibertyRP » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Last edited by ADlibertyRP on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Scholze

Re: Retaking GRE

Post by Mr.Scholze » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Just pay to send the score. It is not that expensive.

johanMo

Post by johanMo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Mr.Scholze wrote:Just pay to send the score. It is not that expensive.
Speak for yourself. Most people apply to around 10 schools which adds up to 270 USD. Even if you use your 4 freebies the remaining ones will be about 160USD. This is not pocket change for most people.

As for OPs actual question, you get to choose the scores that get sent when you send additional scores. So if you get a worse score you can choose to not send that one.

Mr.Scholze

Post by Mr.Scholze » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:43 pm

johanMo wrote:
Mr.Scholze wrote:Just pay to send the score. It is not that expensive.
Speak for yourself. Most people apply to around 10 schools which adds up to 270 USD. Even if you use your 4 freebies the remaining ones will be about 160USD. This is not pocket change for most people.

As for OPs actual question, you get to choose the scores that get sent when you send additional scores. So if you get a worse score you can choose to not send that one.
Ok, if you think it is too expansive then not to retake the gre. The application fee for each school is around 100 much more than the delivery fee. I don’t know why you seems angry. Just do if you have money.

blahquaker

Post by blahquaker » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:31 pm

ADlibertyRP wrote:If I retake the subject GRE and get a worse score, am I free to pick just my first score to send to schools or will they automatically see my second score as well?

Clearly if I already sent in my scores as part of the 4 free reports they will already have them. I am speaking about the paying to send additional reports.

Appreciate the help
If you're paying $27 to send the scores, then yes, you can choose which scores to send.

djysyed

Post by djysyed » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm

Mr.Scholze wrote:
Ok, if you think it is too expansive then not to retake the gre. The application fee for each school is around 100 much more than the delivery fee. I don’t know why you seems angry. Just do if you have money.
I don't think people want to be dropping $1500 on applications. Some of us are fortunate enough to have that much money laying around but again, this is only a small percentage of us.

eulerwaswrong

Post by eulerwaswrong » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:00 am

ADlibertyRP wrote:If I retake the subject GRE and get a worse score, am I free to pick just my first score to send to schools or will they automatically see my second score as well?
You are able to select which score to send to each school. So if you do worse on the second test, you can send the first one and (as far as I know) the school won't know about the second test.