Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
yaskhn3

Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Post by yaskhn3 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Hello everyone!

I hope most of you are done with your mGRE or planning to take it shortly. This post is intended to ask for recommended sources that are being used over the years to get 90+ percentile on the mGRE. Following is the breakup from ETS:

Calculus- 50%
Algebra - 25%
Others - 25%

I think one should really be focussing on Calc and Algebra since the "others" is a very vague category and needs to be broken down topic by topic.

djysyed

Re: Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Post by djysyed » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:24 am

I asked multiple people with 900+ and they all said Princeton Review

MMDE

Post by MMDE » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:36 am

djysyed wrote:I asked multiple people with 900+ and they all said Princeton Review
Really? I saw some posts of people saying the PR in't nearly enough for the exam. I hope it is, as all I've been doing is trying to nail every problem in PR and the ETS practice exams.

DMAshura

Post by DMAshura » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 pm

MMDE wrote:
djysyed wrote:I asked multiple people with 900+ and they all said Princeton Review
Really? I saw some posts of people saying the PR in't nearly enough for the exam. I hope it is, as all I've been doing is trying to nail every problem in PR and the ETS practice exams.
So I fall into this category (910, 99%), and I agree PR is the most comprehensive review currently available besides the current ETS exams. Also, Charles Rambo's recent practice test is well made -- I'll be getting the solutions guide in the mail soon, and if it's good I'll put it on my site's list of resources ( https://www.mathsub.com/resources/).

MMDE

Post by MMDE » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 pm

DMAshura wrote:
MMDE wrote:
So I fall into this category (910, 99%), and I agree PR is the most comprehensive review currently available besides the current ETS exams. Also, Charles Rambo's recent practice test is well made -- I'll be getting the solutions guide in the mail soon, and if it's good I'll put it on my site's list of resources ( https://www.mathsub.com/resources/).
Great, thank you for the great help as always!