GRE Subject Test Score and Free GRE General Score Reports

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Junaid456

GRE Subject Test Score and Free GRE General Score Reports

Post by Junaid456 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:12 pm

I took the GRE general exam today. The system mentioned that I can include the GRE subject scores in my feee four score reports later by visiting my GRE account.

However, I haven't been able to find any such option on the ETS website. Any ideas?

FreddieBiddleBooty

Re: GRE Subject Test Score and Free GRE General Score Reports

Post by FreddieBiddleBooty » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:01 pm

I think once you sign up for the test online you can pick 4 free acc ore reports. But if you did not do this you may be out of luck. Try contacting ETS.

Junaid456

Post by Junaid456 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:46 pm

FreddieBiddleBooty wrote:I think once you sign up for the test online you can pick 4 free acc ore reports. But if you did not do this you may be out of luck. Try contacting ETS.
You're right, but I'm not referring to the GRE Subject Test score reports for which we have to list the score recepients before test day.

On exam day, for the free GRE general score reports, I got the chance to choose to report all or a select few of my GRE General scores. The system, however, mentioned at the bottom, that if I wish to add my subject test scores later to be sent as part of these reports, I can do so later via my account. I haven't been able to figure this out.

I assume as part of all score reports, all these previous scores from all tests can be sent. For instance, say I take a new subject test now, and I have already taken a subject test and the GRE general before. With the free score reports for the new test, shouldn't I be abler to report scores of the new test AND all the old tests?
Last edited by Junaid456 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

djysyed

Post by djysyed » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 pm

I believe I paid $20 for each school I wished to send a GRE score to.

Junaid456

Post by Junaid456 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:20 am

djysyed wrote:I believe I paid $20 for each school I wished to send a GRE score to.

Hi. Right, but see my above query. I hope I don't have to spend $20 for each different test score I wish to send. I assumed I could send my subject test score as part of my four free GRE general reports.

jmismaee

Post by jmismaee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:38 am

Junaid456 wrote:
FreddieBiddleBooty wrote:I think once you sign up for the test online you can pick 4 free acc ore reports. But if you did not do this you may be out of luck. Try contacting ETS.
You're right, but I'm not referring to the GRE Subject Test score reports for which we have to list the score recepients before test day.

On exam day, for the free GRE general score reports, I got the chance to choose to report all or a select few of my GRE General scores. The system, however, mentioned at the bottom, that if I wish to add my subject test scores later to be sent as part of these reports, I can do so later via my account. I haven't been able to figure this out.

I assume as part of all score reports, all these previous scores from all tests can be sent. For instance, say I take a new subject test now, and I have already taken a subject test and the GRE general before. With the free score reports for the new test, shouldn't I be abler to report scores of the new test AND all the old tests?
I had your same question and found no answer to it anywhere so I contacted ETS. My understanding is that for the four free scores you get with the gre general you can choose to send all your gre general scores or select some of them but you cannot add any gre subject scores to them! When it comes to the free scores the general and the subject tests are separate. The only time you can send both the general and the subject together is when you order additional score report and pay the $27 fee or when you designate that school as one of the four free scores for the general and as one of the four free scores for the subject. The problem happens when you are not taking the subject this season and you still want your subject score to be send without paying. This is impossible! Even if you designate the school to receive the free general score you will have to pay the $27 fee just to send the subject separately. I think the line you read on the screen meant this latter situation. If I remember correctly the line reads you can send the subject score later via the account but doesn't mention the part "add the subject test .... as part of these reports". So basically they are saying you can do it later by paying. If anyone has a better explanation, please feel free to weight in.

Junaid456

Post by Junaid456 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:46 am

jmismaee wrote:
Junaid456 wrote:

I had your same question and found no answer to it anywhere so I contacted ETS. My understanding is that for the four free scores you get with the gre general you can choose to send all your gre general scores or select some of them but you cannot add any gre subject scores to them! When it comes to the free scores the general and the subject tests are separate. The only time you can send both the general and the subject together is when you order additional score report and pay the $27 fee or when you designate that school as one of the four free scores for the general and as one of the four free scores for the subject. The problem happens when you are not taking the subject this season and you still want your subject score to be send without paying. This is impossible! Even if you designate the school to receive the free general score you will have to pay the $27 fee just to send the subject separately. I think the line you read on the screen meant this latter situation. If I remember correctly the line reads you can send the subject score later via the account but doesn't mention the part "add the subject test .... as part of these reports". So basically they are saying you can do it later by paying. If anyone has a better explanation, please feel free to weight in.
You are correct. I contacted the ETS via email, and I got the same response.