zl0001 wrote:It seems that UVA starts to reject people from their waitlist. I implore the ones, who received its offer but did not intend to go, to decline the offer ASAP. I really wish to go to UVA. Thank you!
zl0001 wrote:I just got waitlisted by UVA as well. Anybody knows the general possibility of getting off the waitlist or the number of people a school usually puts on its list? From the posts on gradcafe in the past, I'm terribly afraid that I will eventually receive a rejection in Apr...
I don't know about the probability of getting in off the waitlist but when I recently emailed to ask about my status the reply included "For some perspective, I can say that we’ve moved on to a second round the past two years of graduate admissions". So I'm quietly hopeful.
mathdumb wrote:k99731 wrote:For UCLA, anyone knows how to ask about my status? I have sent a few emails to email@example.com but never got a reply.
You need to ask the grad director, however, the one I got was saying their "application process was completed." (= rejected)
not_an_engineer wrote:Anyone else still waiting to hear from UIC? I emailed them 3 weeks ago to ask about my status, but got no response.
hans_k_ wrote:I have a question. Once you accept an offer from a university, you have to pay a deposit to matriculate. But is it binding? If I get off a waitlist from some school after April 15, can I withdraw from the first uni?
I don't think it's binding, but it is frowned upon to do this. If you haven't heard from a school by April 15th, it is unlikely that you will get admitted.
mathdumb wrote:I am wondering if anybody got off from waitlist for GA Tech.
spablo wrote:mathdumb wrote:I am wondering if anybody got off from waitlist for GA Tech.
I got an email this morning saying that a decision has been made and that I'll be able to view the decision THIS EVENING. I'm like... can I just see it now?
kieroda wrote:I emailed UPenn two weeks ago and they simply responded that a decision has not yet been made on my file, but they do expect to make more offers. I haven't seen anyone post a rejection, so there isn't really a way to even guess at waitlist position. I don't have much hope really.
mathdumb wrote:alright a typical rejection by ga tech
AR wrote:Hi all I have an important question.
spablo wrote:AR wrote:Hi all I have an important question.
So I was in a similar situation, except it's not as extreme because I'm not officially waitlisted for the top program I am waiting for (I just haven't been rejected), and the program I have been accepted to didn't necessarily say that it's urgent to accept ASAP.
When I was on the visit to the program I was accepted to, I discussed with the grad coordinator that my partner lives in the city of the other program that I am waiting on, and for that reason I will probably wait to accept just in case I get an offer (unlikely).
I think they will understand that you want to wait and see if you will get a better offer. Just explain to the coordinator that there's a higher likelihood of acceptance, but that there's one program that you want to get a definitive answer from before you make your final decision. You're free to hold your offer until the 15th anyways, regardless of your decision. In your case, you have a reason not to accept until you hear back from the other school.
spablo wrote:Anyone think it's safe to assume that UT Austin won't be sending out anymore offers this week? It seems that they're one of those programs that don't send out rejections... I really didn't expect an offer, but it would have been nice if they told me that I have no chance when I checked in in March!
They might send out more, but there really is no way to tell. I'm not hopeful. I wish they would just use a waitlist... It's better for everyone.
spablo wrote:Anyone think it's safe to assume that UT Austin won't be sending out anymore offers this week? It seems that they're one of those programs that doesn't send out rejections... I really didn't expect an offer, but it would have been nice if they told me that I have no chance when I checked in in March!
mathdumb wrote:Does anyone know whether Canadian schools sent out rejection? All of them are still pending.
Voideed wrote:zl0001 wrote:It seems that UVA starts to reject people from the best farfetch coupons waitlist. I implore the ones, who received its offer but did not intend to go, to decline the offer ASAP. I really wish to go to UVA. Thank you!
I'm in the same boat. The waiting is driving me up the wall.
Users browsing this forum: mjc89 and 11 guests