Stony brook application incomplete due to missing documents

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
comp_numb

Stony brook application incomplete due to missing documents

Post by comp_numb » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:05 am

I was checking my application status. It is saying that my application is incomplete. But I have submitted everything they asked for:
1. Transcript
2. Official GRE score (General and Subject)
3. Official TOEFL score
4. Recommendations (All 3)

Am I missing something ? Does anyone else have the same problem ?

blackadder

Re: Stony brook application incomplete due to missing documents

Post by blackadder » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 am

Since 2-4 are submitted electronically, the problem probably isn't there, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to submit your application. I think that for Stony Brook you need to mail transcripts in an official folder from your institution (or let your institution mail them for you). Are you sure you did this procedure right? Anyway, I suggest that you send an e-mail to the department's secretary who's responsible for the graduate program, in order to find out what is missing.

I, myself, have not applied to Stony Brook, but I know from friends that they have sent them an e-mail sometime ago saying that they have recieved all their application material.

onlymathmajor

Re: Stony brook application incomplete due to missing documents

Post by onlymathmajor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:17 am

When did you submit your application? It has taken a few days after submission to mark as complete on a few of my applications through ApplyYourself, so you may just need to wait a little bit before they confirm everything is there. If you still have problems in a couple of days it may be beneficial for you to contact them!!

Note: I did not apply to Stony Brook, so I could be completely wrong.