Sending Updated Transcripts to Berkeley

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
mathmonkey

Sending Updated Transcripts to Berkeley

Post by mathmonkey » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:48 am

So I have seen that for most schools you can send your fall grades to them as a courtesy, but Berkeley seems to look down on it. Has anyone sent updated transcripts to Berkeley before, if so what happend?

arima

Re: Sending Updated Transcripts to Berkeley

Post by arima » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Berkeley capitalizes "NOT" to send updated grades... Go against this explicit instruction would seem very unwise.

mathmonkey

Post by mathmonkey » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:04 pm

That's what I thought, but I just wanted to see if anyone had tried before and see if it affected them negatively in the admissions process. My fall grades have many of the relevant courses which I'm seeking to study for my Ph.D, so I thought it might be nice if they had some semblance of my performance in those areas by seeing my fall grades. I guess I won't send them the grades then.

arima

Post by arima » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:30 pm

mathmonkey wrote:That's what I thought, but I just wanted to see if anyone had tried before and see if it affected them negatively in the admissions process. My fall grades have many of the relevant courses which I'm seeking to study for my Ph.D, so I thought it might be nice if they had some semblance of my performance in those areas by seeing my fall grades. I guess I won't send them the grades then.
Don't get me wrong. I totally am with you on your desire to provide the department with important information. The concern I have is that when the department is so emphatic on not having updated information, then the department might be pi***ed off by the applicant and take the attitude that the applicant is not capable of following instructions. That is the risk I wouldn't want to take if I were you. Good luck.