CMU Math! Question!

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
wilsonyy

CMU Math! Question!

Post by wilsonyy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:44 am

Hello! I got an email from Brandon (TA supervisor) of CMU Math department yesterday and she said she would give me an interview to "determine at what point you would be able to become a teaching assistant" in the Mathematical Sciences Department in the next few days. She also said this process "will not impact on department's final decision".

Does anyone have the same experience? Does that mean I have most likely got accepted or it is open to all students on the waiting list? How's the interview experience? I am kinda hurry since 4/15 is APPROACHING!

Thank you very much for your answering!!!

Re: CMU Math! Question!

Post by 11235813 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi!

When I had the interview, we just talk about "life", she asked me about my family, country, the area of math I was interested in, trips... Just to check my level of English.

And I asked her if the interview meant that I would receive an offer and she said that they would not interview me unless I was really high in the list. She told me that it was really likely that I would receive an offer in a couple of weeks.

Hope it helps!

wilsonyy

Re: CMU Math! Question!

Post by wilsonyy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:26 pm

11235813 wrote:Hi!

When I had the interview, we just talk about "life", she asked me about my family, country, the area of math I was interested in, trips... Just to check my level of English.

And I asked her if the interview meant that I would receive an offer and she said that they would not interview me unless I was really high in the list. She told me that it was really likely that I would receive an offer in a couple of weeks.

Hope it helps!
Hello!

I really appreciate you answering! I am gonna have interview tomorrow and hope I can get off the waiting list soon!

Thank you and Congratulations! I saw ur post. What school do you decide to go afterwards? :D