suggestions plz

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Sri Dhanya

suggestions plz

Post by Sri Dhanya » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:41 am

I have a low gpa and trying my best to get good scores in toefl and gre. I'm trying to apply to the Princeton. any suggestions??

kuz

Re: suggestions plz

Post by kuz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:26 am

Do you have research experience (summer research programs that led to a paper)? Have you taken a large number of graduate level courses (on topics like functional analysis, algebraic topology, differential geometry, analytic number theory etc. that aren't necessarily seen in undergraduate levels courses)? Will you get a high mathematics GRE score (>75%)? Do you have extremely positive letters of recommendation from professors well-known in their field?

You don't need to tick all of these boxes, but I think it's very difficult to get into a top-10 program without ticking most of them, so be realistic in which schools you apply to.

Sri Dhanya

Post by Sri Dhanya » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:40 am

Thank you for the reply. Glowing letters of recommendation are getting ready here. I have an isbn number and working on other papers. And I'm planning for summer internship this year. Will this help?? and yes I will try my best to score mgre. Any good books to score good in mgre??

Hassan1

Post by Hassan1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Another matter is in what universities you got your degrees. Princeton guys must know your universities. You can find out this by seeing that how many people from your university could get into Princeton. For example in my country there are two universities that Princeton usually gets student from.