Urgent question about TOEFL

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
ermiaazarkhalili

Urgent question about TOEFL

Post by ermiaazarkhalili » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:33 am

Hi Guys,
I'm Iranian guy and have important question about my TOEFL score.
I have very good resume: 3 ISI Journal paper, 4 Multinational Conference paper, GPA: 18.33/20 in math and 17.4/20 in Aerospace Eng. Additionally,I won a silver medal in national mathematical Olympiad, I have 3 strong recommendation letter. Although I was a research student in US for 10 months but my TOEFL score have been very bad. it is 80!!! My plan is apply to universities in the states with minimum TOEFL requirement below or equal 80.

I don't know whether This TOEFL is enough for me to get admission or not? I want to be informed TOEFL is meet condition or has a effect to get admission? Would you please help me?

You are welcome to tel the truth :|

mathgradhopeful

Re: Urgent question about TOEFL

Post by mathgradhopeful » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:54 am

You can look up this information at math (and/or applied math) departments. According to Berkeley, you need at least a 68 on the TOEFL.

For instance, here is the info on Berkeley's math department website: http://math.berkeley.edu/programs/graduate/admissions

Sometimes, math departments at other universities sometimes list this info as well.

ermiaazarkhalili

Re: Urgent question about TOEFL

Post by ermiaazarkhalili » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:39 am

Hi again guys,
Thanks for your answer,
But :?
I meant whether my score can be enough when it meets minimum requirement for Department or not? for example, UCSD or UC Davis needs 80 for math department and with this condition is it possible for me to get admission with such resume?

I checked math departments requirements and all my destination universities needs toefl score equal or less than 80. Now, can I get admission with full fund or not?