Favorite ACs

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
sparkplug

Re: Favorite ACs

Post by sparkplug » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Crosby wrote:Air conditioning sizing is an important aspect of purchasing because if the air conditioner is large for the area the cooling might not be uniform with intermittent switching off and switching on. On the other hand if a small unit is installed in the same area it might have to work continuously to maintain the required temperature but might be more efficient working that way than a larger unit. Such small ac unit working continuously at a lower level is also capable to dehumidifying efficiently to make the air in the room cooler.
My favorite AC would be Frigidaire FRA052XT series or LRA series but that's like, just my opinion, man.

aaroncraig

Post by aaroncraig » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:53 pm

!! this place never ceases to amaze

Topoltergeist

Post by Topoltergeist » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Is there a better way to prevent bots like Crosby from coming into the forum? For example, instead of using CAPTCHA, members have to solve a simple calculus problem in order to register.

Normally I would feel this would be overly elitist, but for me, it is hard to imagine someone with no knowledge of calc finding this forum anything but boring and incomprehensible. The upshot to this plan is that Wolfram Alpha could probably troll the forums.