Anyone received offer from King Abdullah University?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
yoyobarn

Anyone received offer from King Abdullah University?

Post by yoyobarn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 am

Hi, I am not interested in the offer, but was curious how on earth did they get my GRE test scores when they are not out yet? Probably a standard letter to everyone?

Dear Mr X:
Greetings from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology! We have received your name from the ETS testing service. Your GRE test scores and GPA are among the top students in Mathematics. I am writing to invite you to apply for admission to a truly unique opportunity in education, research, and living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The highly competitive KAUST Fellowship covers full tuition, annual living stipend, furnished housing, health and dental insurance for the duration of your degree.
With extraordinary laboratory facilities, faculty and staff dedicated to high impact research, the University is already building a legacy of discovery, technology, and economic development for our planet. KAUST students and faculty are involved in collaborative work across our Research Centers. While extensive collaborations with university and industry partners also lead to potential internships and career opportunities for our students.
With over 5,000 applications for admission and only 306 (6%) admitted, the Class entering in September 2011 was exceptional. Approximately 30% of the University’s students come from Saudi Arabia, and the remaining students have joined us from over sixty countries around the world.
Will you join us on our mission of discovery? Visit us on our website to learn more about our academic programs, faculty and student research. We look forward to hearing from you, so please contact my colleagues in the Office of Admissions if you have questions about KAUST or the admissions process.

Best wishes,

Paul Greene
Director of Admissions

mjmiller2011

Re: Anyone received offer from King Abdullah University?

Post by mjmiller2011 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:09 am

Yeah, if you checked the box on the general GRE for schools to send you information if you did well, then you get that email and a bunch of others. It's nice to feel wanted :D