Does anyone know sth about Courant's MS program?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
CleveXia

Does anyone know sth about Courant's MS program?

Post by CleveXia » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:22 am

Courant Institute, NYU(my dream school) has a program called Master of mathematics(with thesis). Does anyone know more about it? Is is worthwhile to go? Is it easier for international students like me to get accepted into some top PHD programs in US (maybe Courant itself :D ) after I finish the master degree in Courant with outstanding performance?
The point is that can I strengthen my background(especially in the aspect of mathematical research and then got strong RL from well-known professors in Courant) through this MS program to increse the chance to be admitted into some Top school PHD programs in US(such as Berkeley, Courant, Princeton, MIT...)
ps:My major is math(both pure and applied math). I have high GPA in my Undergraduate College (got nearly all A and A+ in courses of math, physics, CS and statistics)and full marks in GRE SUB math(99%). I've also read lots of advanced books on analysis, probability(stochastic analysis), PDE&DS, algebra, geometry and theoretical physics...!! But I really have little researh experience...sigh...!

decrepify

Re: Does anyone know sth about Courant's MS program?

Post by decrepify » Sun May 01, 2011 6:00 pm

You can definitely get admitted to any phd from their MS but it's expensive. if cost isn't an issue then do it, it certainly won't hold you back in any way. 99% on math is very nice did you study much just wondering.

johnrichard

Re: Does anyone know sth about Courant's MS program?

Post by johnrichard » Sat May 14, 2011 6:33 am

The expenses sometimes hit you hardly.