Hand scoring?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
johnnybegoog

Hand scoring?

Postby johnnybegoog » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Has anybody tried it? Did his/her score change after it?
I mean, I REALLY did not expect to have so many mistakes as I did in the end and I am shocked as I usually realize what mistakes I make in the end. Is there any case that the scores are miscalculated? (trying to make excuses for myself here :lol: )

Chapel

Re: Hand scoring?

Postby Chapel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:18 am

johnnybegoog wrote:Has anybody tried it? Did his/her score change after it?
I mean, I REALLY did not expect to have so many mistakes as I did in the end and I am shocked as I usually realize what mistakes I make in the end. Is there any case that the scores are miscalculated? (trying to make excuses for myself here :lol: )

It's $30 and it takes a while... maybe even until after the admission deadlines. If anything, they probably just have it there to give people a recourse to protest a score. It MAY make a difference if you erased a lot on the answer sheet (because double marked questions are omitted) but even in that situation it might make it worse (omits start counting as wrongs).

I wouldn't bother. If you did much worse than how you were doing on your practice tests, retake it. Otherwise, don't bother and just adjust your choices of schools accordingly.

Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”