What colleges I should be aiming at?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
sims_potterhead

What colleges I should be aiming at?

Post by sims_potterhead » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi,
I am a BS-MS dual degree mathematics undergraduate student from India. My current GPA is 7.78/10, I hope by the end of the year it will reach around 7.99/10. I want to do a PhD in Quantum Cryptography and build my future on it. I have decided to do an Research Assistant ship for a year and then apply for PhD. I hope by the end of studies I will have a CGPA of 7.99. Please help me out to decide what universities I should keep in mind and what should be my minimum target for GRE and subject GRE.

TIA.

just entesar

Re: What colleges I should be aiming at?

Post by just entesar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:45 am

sims_potterhead wrote:Hi,
I am a BS-MS dual degree mathematics undergraduate student from India. My current GPA is 7.78/10, I hope by the end of the year it will reach around 7.99/10. I want to do a PhD in Quantum Cryptography and build my future on it. I have decided to do an Research Assistant ship for a year and then apply for PhD. I hope by the end of studies I will have a CGPA of 7.99. Please help me out to decide what universities I should keep in mind and what should be my minimum target for GRE and subject GRE.

TIA.
um,check BU.

williamcjj

Re: What colleges I should be aiming at?

Post by williamcjj » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Id say you cant decide a target before ur GREs. because u dont have much control over what score u get. Just study as much as you can/want to, take it, get a score, and then come back with your profile. also i dont know about india GPA so cant say much. the level of ur institution also matters. it would be better if you consulted a local professional about this. best of luck