Hi! I'd really appreciate any comment regarding my admission chances, I am looking for some 'safety' schools to apply to. My profile is:
Me: Indian female
Undergrad Institution: Top research institution in India (BS-MS dual degree)
GPA: 7.5/10.0 (it's a decent GPA from where I'm coming, but there are a lot of C's and C+'s in my core math courses)
Grad Institution: New York University Tandon School of Engineering
Major: Applied Mathematics
GPA: 3.95/4.00 (Major GPA: 4.00/4.00, few courses from NYU Courant)
GRE Subject Math: 680 (55%ile) - Submitting only when its absolutely needed
Research: Infectious disease modeling, population dynamics, thesis in theoretical neuroscience.
Teaching: Tutor for Calculus and Linear Algebra
1. My thesis advisor/Mentor from India, he's the Dean of the institute.
2. Math prof from NYU Tandon
3. Hoping to get a letter from my thesis advisor at NYU Courant
Other: 1 Publication in a low journal
Research Interests: Mathematical/Computational Biology, Computational neuroscience
Schools that I'm considering:
- New York University (Courant Institute)
- Columbia U (Applied Physics and Applied Math)
- Yale U (Applied Math)
- Michigan U (Math)
- Georgia Tech (Math - Quantitative Biosciences)
- UC Berkeley - San Fransisco joint Bioengineering program
I feel like all of these schools are ambitious. I'd really appreciate if anyone could comment on my chances in these schools, and also suggest me some safety schools.