school suggestions/profile evaluation

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
k0773816

school suggestions/profile evaluation

Post by k0773816 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 am

Undergrad Institution: Big State
Major(s):Mathematics
Minor(s):Computer Science
GPA:3.6 overall, higher in math but I don't have it handy
Type of Student:DWF

GRE Revised General Test:I have an upcoming test date and expect high scores in all areas
Q: xxx (xx%)
V: xxx (xx%)
W: x.x (xx%)
GRE Subject Test in Mathematics:Upcoming, aiming for 70-80th which I think is realistic for me
M: xxx (xx%)

Program Applying:Pure math, interested in algebra/algebraic topology/algebraic geometry

Research Experience:I have very scant research experience. I also hold a masters degree and my research for this degree is the only real experience I have. I did not submit or publish but my advisor was very pleased and thought we would be able to publish with a little more time.
Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Deans list, outstanding service awards from my graduate institution for multiple years.
Pertinent Activities or Jobs:I have been tutoring and TAing for about 8 years, and have also taught for 2 years at the community college level. As an undergrad I was also a grader for several calculus courses. I've been a member of the math club, AWM, and participated in several math competitions as well as programming competitions.
Any Miscellaneous Points that Might Help:I have taken 11 graduate level courses and my GPA for my masters was around 3.9. I have strong letters from 3 math PhD's, one of whom is among the best in his field (algebra), as well as a letter from another professor of mine I had as an undergrad, and my teaching mentor (who does not hold a PhD but has a masters from UMich, has been teaching for 45 years and can speak to my teaching ability very well.)
Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter:I'm hoping my teaching experience will make up for some of my lack of research experience though I'm not sure how realistic that is.

This is a little rough, but I just want an idea of what match schools would be for me, what some safety schools would be, etc. I'm having a hard time gauging especially without my GRE scores and lack of research experience. So assuming I get GRE scores in the area I expect, does anyone have suggestions?
Thanks!