Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
yaskhn3
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Postby yaskhn3 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Hello everyone!

I hope most of you are done with your mGRE or planning to take it shortly. This post is intended to ask for recommended sources that are being used over the years to get 90+ percentile on the mGRE. Following is the breakup from ETS:

Calculus- 50%
Algebra - 25%
Others - 25%

I think one should really be focussing on Calc and Algebra since the "others" is a very vague category and needs to be broken down topic by topic.

djysyed
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Re: Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Postby djysyed » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:24 am

I asked multiple people with 900+ and they all said Princeton Review

MMDE
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Postby MMDE » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:36 am

djysyed wrote:I asked multiple people with 900+ and they all said Princeton Review


Really? I saw some posts of people saying the PR in't nearly enough for the exam. I hope it is, as all I've been doing is trying to nail every problem in PR and the ETS practice exams.

User avatar
DMAshura
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Postby DMAshura » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 pm

MMDE wrote:
djysyed wrote:I asked multiple people with 900+ and they all said Princeton Review


Really? I saw some posts of people saying the PR in't nearly enough for the exam. I hope it is, as all I've been doing is trying to nail every problem in PR and the ETS practice exams.


So I fall into this category (910, 99%), and I agree PR is the most comprehensive review currently available besides the current ETS exams. Also, Charles Rambo's recent practice test is well made -- I'll be getting the solutions guide in the mail soon, and if it's good I'll put it on my site's list of resources ( https://www.mathsub.com/resources/).

MMDE
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Preparing for mGRE Oct'18

Postby MMDE » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 pm

DMAshura wrote:
MMDE wrote:
djysyed wrote:I asked multiple people with 900+ and they all said Princeton Review


Really? I saw some posts of people saying the PR in't nearly enough for the exam. I hope it is, as all I've been doing is trying to nail every problem in PR and the ETS practice exams.


So I fall into this category (910, 99%), and I agree PR is the most comprehensive review currently available besides the current ETS exams. Also, Charles Rambo's recent practice test is well made -- I'll be getting the solutions guide in the mail soon, and if it's good I'll put it on my site's list of resources ( https://www.mathsub.com/resources/).


Great, thank you for the great help as always!




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests