CU-Boulder vs. UNC-Chapel Hill

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
qqq15

CU-Boulder vs. UNC-Chapel Hill

Post by qqq15 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:15 am

I am choosing between these two schools for their applied math programs. I was thinking of doing dynamical systems when I applied, but I am open to other related topics. More generally, I am interested in the applied analysis. Both of the programs seem not big and neither of the programs seems to have a big group in dynamical system (which is not a big problem). I did not get a chance to visit UNC and I am not quite familiar with their program. So I will be very grateful for any information about that program.

Again, any suggestion will be appreciated :P .

FreddieBiddleBooty

Re: CU-Boulder vs. UNC-Chapel Hill

Post by FreddieBiddleBooty » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:38 am

You should definitely contact them and ask! They'd be happy to tell you all about it - especially if you've already been accepted.

terbo

Post by terbo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:37 pm

qqq15 wrote:I am choosing between these two schools for their applied math programs. I was thinking of doing dynamical systems when I applied, but I am open to other related topics. More generally, I am interested in the applied analysis. Both of the programs seem not big and neither of the programs seems to have a big group in dynamical system (which is not a big problem). I did not get a chance to visit UNC and I am not quite familiar with their program. So I will be very grateful for any information about that program.

Hey could you tell me about uc-boulder? I am considering it but won't have a chance to visit before. Thanks!

qqq15

Post by qqq15 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:52 pm

terbo wrote:
qqq15 wrote:I am choosing between these two schools for their applied math programs. I was thinking of doing dynamical systems when I applied, but I am open to other related topics. More generally, I am interested in the applied analysis. Both of the programs seem not big and neither of the programs seems to have a big group in dynamical system (which is not a big problem). I did not get a chance to visit UNC and I am not quite familiar with their program. So I will be very grateful for any information about that program.

Hey could you tell me about uc-boulder? I am considering it but won't have a chance to visit before. Thanks!
I sent you a pm.