University of Bonn

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
mishania1996

University of Bonn

Post by mishania1996 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:20 pm

If you got an acceptance and decided to go to Bonn for a graduate program in mathematics, maybe you would like to have contacts of other students like you(and like me). I think we could have a lot of things to discuss, especially if you're also coming from abroad. I hope this kind of topic is acceptable on mathgre.com. If you suggest other forums to address, I will be glad.

interestingfool

Re: University of Bonn

Post by interestingfool » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:43 am

I'm not in the program, but I was interested in applying this year. Are you in the masters or the PhD program? Can you tell me what kind of math you're planning on doing? What attracted you to the program?

mishania1996

Re: University of Bonn

Post by mishania1996 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:03 am

I will be on Master's Program. Here are some reasons why I'm excited to be in the program and why one might consider to apply in the future: Right now, my interests lie somewhere in between the topology and the algebraic geometry and they have a strong research group in these areas. There are many famous professors and the school is connected with Max Plank and Haussdorf Institutes where acitvely held seminars and conferences regularly attract good researches from all over the world. Also one doesn't have to take or pass Algebra 1 and Analysis 1 classes as one does in US(as far as I know). The application is free. In addition to everything, it's closer to my homeland since I'm from Europe and I do like Germany.