Any PhD programs with late deadlines?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
egoyaq

Any PhD programs with late deadlines?

Post by egoyaq » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:09 pm

I just received my rejection from Yale and am terrified of not getting accepted anywhere. Are there any PhD programs for which the deadline has not passed yet? Can I submit an application for a program whose deadline has passed already?

ConcernedSenior18

Re: Any PhD programs with late deadlines?

Post by ConcernedSenior18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 pm

There are many schools with a January 15 deadline, but that may be rushed for LORs. There are also programs with a January 31/February 1 deadline. Off the top of my head, I know Binghamton and University of Delaware have a deadline at the end of the month.

Unless you applied to only top schools, however, I would not let a rejection from a top school (Yale) worry you too much.

djysyed

Post by djysyed » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:54 pm

I hear Utah has a deadline of April 1st but financial aid is given on a first come, first serve basis.

egoyaq

Post by egoyaq » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks for the information. If anybody else knows of any other programs please can you tell me? I appreciate it.

It's not just that I was rejected by Yale that worries me. The fact that I have already been rejected so early implies that they didn't even consider me as a viable candidate!

blahquaker

Post by blahquaker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 am

Oklahoma - Jan 31
Auburn - Jan 31
Northeastern - Feb 1
UMass - Feb 1
Florida - Feb 1
Iowa State - Feb 1
Tennessee - Feb 1
Kansas State - Feb 1
Arkansas - Feb 1
Tulane - Feb 15
Oklahoma State - March 1

Singularity

Post by Singularity » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:48 pm

egoyaq wrote:Thanks for the information. If anybody else knows of any other programs please can you tell me? I appreciate it.

It's not just that I was rejected by Yale that worries me. The fact that I have already been rejected so early implies that they didn't even consider me as a viable candidate!
You should not overthink the rejection. I believe Yale was just trying to finish making all the decisions super early this year. I know a friend who got waitlisted. So on 1/10 they sent out all three types of decisions, which suggests that it is highly likely that they have sent out decisions to all applicants. So don't take it too heavily.

egoyaq

Post by egoyaq » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Thx for the list of programs! I hope you're right Singularity... :|