Rice University Application Checklist

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
lothiriell
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 am

Rice University Application Checklist

Postby lothiriell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:27 am

Hey guys, I have submitted my Rice application, but there's no such thing as checklist like other universities...
So how do I know if they have received my test scores, for example? Or will they let me know if something's missing?

Junaid456
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: Rice University Application Checklist

Postby Junaid456 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:39 am

lothiriell wrote:Hey guys, I have submitted my Rice application, but there's no such thing as checklist like other universities...
So how do I know if they have received my test scores, for example? Or will they let me know if something's missing?


Hey. The told me they can use unofficial test scores for the application review purposes, so I think you should be good. Hence, I didn't send them my official scores. It's a high, high reach school on my list anyway.

lothiriell
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 am

Re: Rice University Application Checklist

Postby lothiriell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:03 am

Unofficial? Wow they told me to send my IELTS scores via mail, spent tons of money (well, tons for me atleast) to have them sent by the deadline... Oh well, it wouldn't hurt sending them I guess.
Thank you!

Junaid456
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: Rice University Application Checklist

Postby Junaid456 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:08 am

lothiriell wrote:Unofficial? Wow they told me to send my IELTS scores via mail, spent tons of money (well, tons for me atleast) to have them sent by the deadline... Oh well, it wouldn't hurt sending them I guess.
Thank you!


Well, I emailed a bunch of schools and most of them said unofficial GRE and TOEFL scores are find to send in for the time being. I can forward you the email I got from Rice if you'd like me to do so.

lothiriell
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 am

Re: Rice University Application Checklist

Postby lothiriell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:33 am

It's okay, thank you :) Now that I am reading the email they sent me, I'm thinking I might've misunderstood them, which isn't even a surprise with the amount of emails I sent and received these few months, I had lots of problems with my scores cause I had a name change (some of them still unresolved) and I feel like this application process will never end :cry: I am panicking for no reason most likely.
One more thing, have you applied to MSU by any chance? Cause on their FAQ it says you don't need to send official documents unless admitted, but when I contacted them they said there was a misunderstanding and that I do need to send them.

Junaid456
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: Rice University Application Checklist

Postby Junaid456 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:38 am

lothiriell wrote:It's okay, thank you :) Now that I am reading the email they sent me, I'm thinking I might've misunderstood them, which isn't even a surprise with the amount of emails I sent and received these few months, I had lots of problems with my scores cause I had a name change (some of them still unresolved) and I feel like this application process will never end :cry: I am panicking for no reason most likely.
One more thing, have you applied to MSU by any chance? Cause on their FAQ it says you don't need to send official documents unless admitted, but when I contacted them they said there was a misunderstanding and that I do need to send them.


Michigan State? No.

I can totally get you. I don't really have a strong enough profile so I tried looking for funded MS programs as well. Hence, I had to send a lot of emails inquiring about funding. I'm actually still doing that so I can round off my applications.




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a6f9, curvature-form, mjc89 and 14 guests