<Liberal Arts?> Letter of Rec from humanity professors?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Luciia

<Liberal Arts?> Letter of Rec from humanity professors?

Postby Luciia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi,

I'm a rather shy person (maybe not so much on the Internet), and I haven't bonded much with many of my professors. Would it be better to have a third recommender who knows me well but is a humanity professor or someone is a math professor but remembers little about me? Also, my first and second recommenders can probably attest to my skills/styles in class or in research.

Thanks a lot!

Tianma799

Re: <Liberal Arts?> Letter of Rec from humanity professors?

Postby Tianma799 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Luciia wrote:Hi,

I'm a rather shy person (maybe not so much on the Internet), and I haven't bonded much with many of my professors. Would it be better to have a third recommender who knows me well but is a humanity professor or someone is a math professor but remembers little about me? Also, my first and second recommenders can probably attest to my skills/styles in class or in research.

Thanks a lot!

I don't think that's a good option, if it is physics professor then it should be fine. But humanity…is just too far away from math.

djysyed

Postby djysyed » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:12 am

This is something I would ask a professor and not other undergraduates on an online forum.

Luciia

Postby Luciia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:43 am

djysyed wrote:This is something I would ask a professor and not other undergraduates on an online forum.

Ah I thought there would be young grad students on this forum too who might have had smiliar experiences. Everyone just seems very knowledgable :D

whatstheprobability

Postby whatstheprobability » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:29 pm

You can always try applying to schools that require only two letters of recommendation, if you believe the two would complement your application better. Drexel for example.

Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”