About English requirement for international students

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
qin2718
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

About English requirement for international students

Postby qin2718 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:51 pm

I am international student from China without good recommendations. I got a bad TOEFL score(100=R29+L28+S22+W21) which does not meet requirement of several school I want to apply to, taking MSU for example, they require least 22 for writing section in TOEFL. My major gpa rank second among students majoring in pure and applied math, and my gre scores are v154 , q170 , AW3 , math sub 970(99%). Shoud I apply to those school? please give me some suggestion about school choices, thanks.

DDswife
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Re: About English requirement for international students

Postby DDswife » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm

You have a great MGRE. I would talk with them. It’s only a point. You don’t lose anything.

zybqs
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: About English requirement for international students

Postby zybqs » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:09 pm

I have a friend,he got 920(99%).So,how do you get 970(99%)?Shouldn't the scaled score be same?

qin2718
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Re: About English requirement for international students

Postby qin2718 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:25 pm

zybqs wrote:I have a friend,he got 920(99%).So,how do you get 970(99%)?Shouldn't the scaled score be same?

I don't know why, I left two questions blank in octobor 28 test.

qin2718
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Re: About English requirement for international students

Postby qin2718 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:30 pm

DDswife wrote:You have a great MGRE. I would talk with them. It’s only a point. You don’t lose anything.

I sent e mail to MSU last week, they said they have very strict policy about English requirement and adviced me to retake TOEFL. I am on a tough budget and don't have time to prepare for another TOEFl

Tianma799
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: About English requirement for international students

Postby Tianma799 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:43 pm

qin2718 wrote:
DDswife wrote:You have a great MGRE. I would talk with them. It’s only a point. You don’t lose anything.

I sent e mail to MSU last week, they said they have very strict policy about English requirement and adviced me to retake TOEFL. I am on a tough budget and don't have time to prepare for another TOEFl


That's annoying. Do you have very strong interest in MSU?

qin2718
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Re: About English requirement for international students

Postby qin2718 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 pm

yes, I really want to go there, and oregon is also on the top of my dream schools, but they require 26 for speaking section in TOEFL




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aa777, FreddieBiddleBooty, gragragra and 7 guests

cron