Where to apply, Regarding my scores

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
SKS2s17fa
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 am

Where to apply, Regarding my scores

Postby SKS2s17fa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 am

I am an Chinese male and study in one of UC. I took the mGRE last month and only got 74% (770) :( . My overall GPA is about 3.7, math GPA 3.75, and math upper+grad GPA 3.85 (looks weird). I have taken 2 grad classes and I am taking 4 grad classes in this quarter. I have not taken the general GRE and I will take it next week. I also have a physics major but I did not study it well and I took pGRE with a score 64% :( .
My interest is about number thoery, and I did and am doing some readings in number theory with a PhD student. So regarding my scores and interest, where should I apply?
Last edited by SKS2s17fa on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tianma799
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Where to apply, Regarding my scores

Postby Tianma799 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 am

Just curious, how can you keep up with 5 grad courses? I am taking 4, including 1 topic course, and feel like dying. :(

SKS2s17fa
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 am

Re: Where to apply, Regarding my scores

Postby SKS2s17fa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Tianma799 wrote:Just curious, how can you keep up with 5 grad courses? I am taking 4, including 1 topic course, and feel like dying. :(

Sorry, I made an error. I used to take 5 but later I think i was too tired and dropped one, so now is 4.

Tianma799
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Where to apply, Regarding my scores

Postby Tianma799 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:16 pm

SKS2s17fa wrote:
Tianma799 wrote:Just curious, how can you keep up with 5 grad courses? I am taking 4, including 1 topic course, and feel like dying. :(

Sorry, I made an error. I used to take 5 but later I think i was too tired and dropped one, so now is 4.

I think your profile is good enough(way better than mine), whether or not you can make it to your top choice depends on your LORs I think.

SKS2s17fa
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 am

Re: Where to apply, Regarding my scores

Postby SKS2s17fa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Tianma799 wrote:
SKS2s17fa wrote:
Tianma799 wrote:Just curious, how can you keep up with 5 grad courses? I am taking 4, including 1 topic course, and feel like dying. :(

Sorry, I made an error. I used to take 5 but later I think i was too tired and dropped one, so now is 4.

I think your profile is good enough(way better than mine), whether or not you can make it to your top choice depends on your LORs I think.

Thx. I am going to work on my mGRE now to pursue a higher score (80%+)




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aa777, FreddieBiddleBooty, gragragra and 7 guests