Best Universities for Post graduation in Cryptography?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
gaara

Best Universities for Post graduation in Cryptography?

Post by gaara » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:15 am

I will be done with my undergrad in Math in May, but applications for Fall 2018 will soon start. I have an inclination towards cryptography (Visual cryptography to be specific) so I was wondering what would be the top 10 options to study that?

Please reply if you know of any, (No specific country preference)
Thank you!

kieroda

Re: Best Universities for Post graduation in Cryptography?

Post by kieroda » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:52 pm

To preface I don't know anything about visual cryptography. Also, I'm basing my advice on the research I did while looking for grad schools, and I was primarily interested in US schools with research in arithmetic geometry and algebraic cryptography.

University of Washington has Neil Koblitz who was a big part of the development of elliptic curve cryptography, as well as connections to Microsoft's cryptography research group. University of Philadelphia does a lot of research in relation to arithmetic geometry, and has some grant funded projects on cryptography. The CUNY Graduate Center and the Stevens Institute of Technology have the Algebraic Cryptography Center and weekly seminars specifically on algebraic cryptography. Brown University has Joseph Silverman and has research in cryptography. In Canada University of Waterloo has the Center for Applied Cryptographic Research in collaboration between several of their math and computer science departments. I'm sure there are more, these are just what I remember off the top of my head.