magma wrote:The only leverage I can see you having would be if you had another offer that you are considering taking if they do not raise their offer. I think emailing the school and asking if they could possibly give you a better financial offer would work just as well if not better for determining if you can get a better offer. Waiting until April 15th seems to me to have no difference from this method aside from harming individuals who are on the waitlist.
I agree with this. If you wait until the 15th they will assume it is because you are waiting to get an offer from another place, not because you're holding out for more money.