Profile Evaluation

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Shikhar329

Profile Evaluation

Post by Shikhar329 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:26 am

Hi, Everyone!

Good to see such a great discussion environment here on this site. I'd like to have an advice as to how to proceed with this profile and if this profile of mine is commensurate with the profiles of people getting Statistics PhDs in Top Universities.

I intend to apply for PhD in Statistics, Fall'18 with Specialization into Quantitative/Mathematical/Computational Finance.

Profile for Review -

I'd be graduating from BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus (Prestigious Indian Technical Institute) in June this year with BE in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and M.Sc. in Mathematics. Currently, am Rank #2 in Mathematics Department, BITS Pilani. My GRE Mathematics Score is 800 / 910 (80 Percentile). My Thesis Instructor and I worked upon a Research Paper on Prey-Predator Differential Equations Modeling and he has sent the same for publication to Journals/Conferences. I have completed a Research Intern at the prestigious Indian Statistical Institute and worked on the topics on and related to Regression Modeling. I have been accepted to the World Quant University Online MS Program on Financial Engineering. I have done several projects in the areas of Applied Mathematics/Engineering. For complete analysis and overview, following is the link to my LinkedIn Profile - www.linkedin.com/shikharagarwalbitspilani.

Currently, I am working as a Trainee in PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and intend to join a trading or quantitative firm for a job until Fall'18.

I request you to please evaluate my profile and give valuable suggestions, if possible, so that I could improve it and aim for some good universities in the US for Fall'18.

Thank you so much! :D :D