What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
wangzhongruo
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:16 am

What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby wangzhongruo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:47 am

Hi,

I have been informed by email(March 17th) that I am in the waiting list of the math graduate program in University of Minnesota and UC Davis.

What I can do this time to increase the probability of being admitted by these two schools?

NumberTheory
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby NumberTheory » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:52 pm

If you current offers are not as good as UMN, you can just tell them they are your first choice and you will accept their offer if they give you.

wangzhongruo
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:16 am

Re: What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby wangzhongruo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:46 am

NumberTheory wrote:If you current offers are not as good as UMN, you can just tell them they are your first choice and you will accept their offer if they give you.


I will try it.

KalBr
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Re: What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby KalBr » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:10 pm

FYI, UC Davis has their open house pretty late, so I'd imagine you wouldn't hear from them until the very last minute.

KatrinaElizabeth
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby KatrinaElizabeth » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:58 pm

KalBr wrote:FYI, UC Davis has their open house pretty late, so I'd imagine you wouldn't hear from them until the very last minute.


Ya, I'll be going to their open house this coming weekend, but probably declining right after.

wangzhongruo
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:16 am

Re: What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby wangzhongruo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:17 pm

KatrinaElizabeth wrote:
KalBr wrote:FYI, UC Davis has their open house pretty late, so I'd imagine you wouldn't hear from them until the very last minute.


Ya, I'll be going to their open house this coming weekend, but probably declining right after.



Thank you so much!
Last edited by wangzhongruo on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wangzhongruo
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:16 am

Re: What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby wangzhongruo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:08 pm

wangzhongruo wrote:
KatrinaElizabeth wrote:
KalBr wrote:FYI, UC Davis has their open house pretty late, so I'd imagine you wouldn't hear from them until the very last minute.


Ya, I'll be going to their open house this coming weekend, but probably declining right after.



Thank you so much!



Got into UC Daivs :D

KatrinaElizabeth
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: What can you do when you have been told you are in the waitlist

Postby KatrinaElizabeth » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:54 am

wangzhongruo wrote:
wangzhongruo wrote:
KatrinaElizabeth wrote:
Ya, I'll be going to their open house this coming weekend, but probably declining right after.



Thank you so much!



Got into UC Daivs :D


Congratulations!! (There's a FB group with a few others who have just committed to Davis!)




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests