Admissions decisions on the weekends?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
uzzzbyte

Admissions decisions on the weekends?

Post by uzzzbyte » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:05 am

For the sake of mental sanity--

Anyone know if departments ever send out admissions emails on weekends? Admin don't work weekends but faculty always do. I'd be surprised if they did but if anyone has experience to the contrary it'd be easier to enjoy the weekend! :)

FillsAMuchNeededGap

Re: Admissions decisions on the weekends?

Post by FillsAMuchNeededGap » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:37 am

I got accepted to a university a week ago on Saturday.

MathCat

Post by MathCat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:23 pm

I got a couple of unofficial admission emails from faculty on weekends (last year - I'm attending now). But of 8 decisions, 6 of them came on weekdays - usually the first half of the week.

india_kid4

Post by india_kid4 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:21 pm

MathCat wrote:I got a couple of unofficial admission emails from faculty on weekends (last year - I'm attending now). But of 8 decisions, 6 of them came on weekdays - usually the first half of the week.
Did you get unofficial emails from faculty because you had written to them personally earlier, or was it just that they had your email on file from your application?

MathCat

Post by MathCat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:01 pm

india_kid4 wrote:
MathCat wrote:I got a couple of unofficial admission emails from faculty on weekends (last year - I'm attending now). But of 8 decisions, 6 of them came on weekdays - usually the first half of the week.
Did you get unofficial emails from faculty because you had written to them personally earlier, or was it just that they had your email on file from your application?
I didn't email any faculty in advance, but all applications included my email (usually created to access the portal, not explicitly on any of my application materials).