Free Score Reports

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
GeraltofRivia

Free Score Reports

Post by GeraltofRivia » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:09 am

Hi,
Does anyone here use the free score reports for October test ? I used mine and when I log in the View Score page it said under "Score Recipient(s)" a report date of 11/21/2015
And "Requested scores are sent only if available on report date."

Well, of course my score wasn't available on 21 November, does that mean nothing has been sent ? then is this option just a sham ? :D
It has been more than 6 weeks after the test and the department hasn't received my score.

lz32017

Re: Free Score Reports

Post by lz32017 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:52 pm

I signed up for the free score report for the October test, but they only sent the subject test, not the general test. Apparently when you say "send all scores" what that really means is "send all SUBJECT scores." Obviously most schools that require the subject test also require the general test, so I ended up paying to send a second set of reports that included the general score. I called GRE to ask about this, and they basically said that the free score report option is useless if you are trying to send both the subject and general GRE because the free report will only send one or the other, not both.

Mathwhiz25

Re: Free Score Reports

Post by Mathwhiz25 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:19 pm

I don't know what happened in your situation, but you should be able send the scores you want. There is a select option. Also, when you sign up for the paper GRE, whether subject or general, you are given up to 4 options, for free, to send your score to universities before you take the exam. However, when you take the computer general gre, you select which universities to send your scores after you take the exam.