So where is the sweat thread?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
xor
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby xor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:24 pm

visgraf wrote:The wait is killing me too. I'm finding it extremely difficult to get any work done.


My life at the moment. Between checking here from time to time and searching the gradcafe survey almost every hour...

bernface
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby bernface » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:41 pm

visgraf wrote:
The wait is killing me too. I'm finding it extremely difficult to get any work done.


My life at the moment. Between checking here from time to time and searching the gradcafe survey almost every hour...


Me too xor. I applied to FIFTEEN SCHOOLS. I'm hitting refresh on my gmail practically every minute.

xor
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby xor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 pm

bernface wrote:Me too xor. I applied to FIFTEEN SCHOOLS. I'm hitting refresh on my gmail practically every minute.


That was the plan here too (twelve for me, actually). But for various reasons I ended up applying to only 5, and they were 5 reach schools! So you can only imagine my current panic level. Hopefully if I don't get into any, I can still gather my soul together and apply for a masters-without-funding somewhere that has a late deadline.

Kilgore_Trout
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby Kilgore_Trout » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:12 pm

If someone does not get back to me by Sat I am gonna start drowning my pain in wine and Les Miserables.

ScharlachRot
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby ScharlachRot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 pm

It appears that NYU's first round offers are out. Too bad I received nothing :(

Being teetotal I guess I'll have to drown my pains in pure, squeezed orange juice.

Brick
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:59 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby Brick » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:08 pm

I think I saw a Rutgers acceptance on grad cafe. Anyone else into Rutgers?

(Not that I expect to get in, it's quite a reach for me)

MathCat
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby MathCat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:53 pm

If any of you got into Berkeley, do you know when the visitation weekend will be? I'm worried about committing to other visitation weekends while UCB is still pending - there will be out of pocket expenses and Berkeley is higher on my list. I'm not that optimistic I'll get in, but if a miracle should happen, I don't want to find myself in a pickle about visits...

datacube
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby datacube » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:05 pm

MathCat wrote:If any of you got into Berkeley, do you know when the visitation weekend will be? I'm worried about committing to other visitation weekends while UCB is still pending - there will be out of pocket expenses and Berkeley is higher on my list. I'm not that optimistic I'll get in, but if a miracle should happen, I don't want to find myself in a pickle about visits...


"You are invited to attend our annual open house on March 15-16, Sunday-Monday. On Sunday you will have an opportunity to meet with some of our current graduate students. On Monday you will be able to meet faculty, to drop in on classes and seminars, to hear short presentations about research opportunities at Berkeley, to learn more about the nuts and bolts of the program, and to talk again with grad students. If you are interested in visiting, please do so on those days if at all possible."

MathCat
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby MathCat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:30 pm

datacube wrote:
MathCat wrote:If any of you got into Berkeley, do you know when the visitation weekend will be? I'm worried about committing to other visitation weekends while UCB is still pending - there will be out of pocket expenses and Berkeley is higher on my list. I'm not that optimistic I'll get in, but if a miracle should happen, I don't want to find myself in a pickle about visits...


"You are invited to attend our annual open house on March 15-16, Sunday-Monday. On Sunday you will have an opportunity to meet with some of our current graduate students. On Monday you will be able to meet faculty, to drop in on classes and seminars, to hear short presentations about research opportunities at Berkeley, to learn more about the nuts and bolts of the program, and to talk again with grad students. If you are interested in visiting, please do so on those days if at all possible."


Thank you!

sara12
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby sara12 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:06 pm

UIUC rejections on gradcafe. And Dartmouth acceptances/rejects.

Welp. Starting to get nervous here. I have no acceptances yet. But no rejections, either, so I suppose that's good?

functorofpoints
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:09 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby functorofpoints » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:24 pm

xor wrote:That was the plan here too (twelve for me, actually). But for various reasons I ended up applying to only 5, and they were 5 reach schools! So you can only imagine my current panic level. Hopefully if I don't get into any, I can still gather my soul together and apply for a masters-without-funding somewhere that has a late deadline.


I only applied to reach schools too, tough life. Probably would just get a job if it doesn't work out. I really thought I could get into like UCLA for sure but that didn't happen :/

mathorphysics
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby mathorphysics » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:52 am

functorofpoints wrote:
xor wrote:That was the plan here too (twelve for me, actually). But for various reasons I ended up applying to only 5, and they were 5 reach schools! So you can only imagine my current panic level. Hopefully if I don't get into any, I can still gather my soul together and apply for a masters-without-funding somewhere that has a late deadline.


I only applied to reach schools too, tough life. Probably would just get a job if it doesn't work out. I really thought I could get into like UCLA for sure but that didn't happen :/


In the same boat here. Got rejected by my top choices, and now I'm waiting on other schools which are also pretty much reaches. Tough life.

kuz
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby kuz » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:50 pm

For what it's worth, Princeton accepted 19 this year (with two more students who were accepted last year but delayed enrolment). Usually they accept more but the last two years have been very large classes so fewer students were accepted this year.

johngeller
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby johngeller » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:38 pm

kuz wrote:For what it's worth, Princeton accepted 19 this year (with two more students who were accepted last year but delayed enrolment). Usually they accept more but the last two years have been very large classes so fewer students were accepted this year.

Just out of curiosity, are there any students in Princeton Math who failed to pass the qual?

xor
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby xor » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:54 pm

functorofpoints wrote:
xor wrote:That was the plan here too (twelve for me, actually). But for various reasons I ended up applying to only 5, and they were 5 reach schools! So you can only imagine my current panic level. Hopefully if I don't get into any, I can still gather my soul together and apply for a masters-without-funding somewhere that has a late deadline.


I only applied to reach schools too, tough life. Probably would just get a job if it doesn't work out. I really thought I could get into like UCLA for sure but that didn't happen :/


Sigh I've already had a job - for some years now; it's just not what I want to do with my life. So of course getting a funded PhD admission is my priority but I'd rather get into an unfunded Masters and raise funds to get things moving, than go back to what I'm currently doing. I hope things work out for each of us.

Edit: I am a software developer but I'm sort of tired of writing code for enterprise and business solutions. I prefer tuning my programming towards applied math. If I get into a Masters program, I'll plan to continue into a Ph.D.

mathorphysics wrote:In the same boat here. Got rejected by my top choices, and now I'm waiting on other schools which are also pretty much reaches. Tough life.


Hang in there, buddy.

xor
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby xor » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:14 pm

sara12 wrote:Welp. Starting to get nervous here. I have no acceptances yet. But no rejections, either, so I suppose that's good?


Same here... I hope it's a good sign...

ScharlachRot
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby ScharlachRot » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:13 am

Brick wrote:I think I saw a Rutgers acceptance on grad cafe. Anyone else into Rutgers?

(Not that I expect to get in, it's quite a reach for me)


I received their acceptance letter 4 hours ago.

mathdeep
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:41 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby mathdeep » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:10 am

1. Do anyone have any idea about the number of students admitted to UC Berkeley in this year so far? I saw 3 in gradcafe and one extra in here. Is there any chance that they will send more acceptances?

2. Though I got a rejection from Princeton, I don't see any acceptance in GC or here! I know a few guys who have been waitlisted. So where are the accepted guys? Also number of acceptances in Harvard is only 3 in GC which is much lesser as compared to the last year in GC. Is this the fact that whoever is cracking a top five is posting almost nowhere?

MathCat
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby MathCat » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:44 am

mathdeep wrote:1. Do anyone have any idea about the number of students admitted to UC Berkeley in this year so far? I saw 3 in gradcafe and one extra in here. Is there any chance that they will send more acceptances?

2. Though I got a rejection from Princeton, I don't see any acceptance in GC or here! I know a few guys who have been waitlisted. So where are the accepted guys? Also number of acceptances in Harvard is only 3 in GC which is much lesser as compared to the last year in GC. Is this the fact that whoever is cracking a top five is posting almost nowhere?


I was told that Berkeley has made a few early offers, but expects to make the bulk of their decisions around the end of February or into March.

ScharlachRot
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby ScharlachRot » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:26 am

mathdeep wrote:1. Is this the fact that whoever is cracking a top five is posting almost nowhere?


Sounds logical to me. If I were that kind of student I wouldn't even bother visiting these websites, I would be thinking about which Fields medal suits me best as an advisor, lol. Now, seriously, what I do notice is that in previous years there were more GC posts by students admitted to top schools.

kuz
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby kuz » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:06 pm

johngeller wrote:
kuz wrote:For what it's worth, Princeton accepted 19 this year (with two more students who were accepted last year but delayed enrolment). Usually they accept more but the last two years have been very large classes so fewer students were accepted this year.

Just out of curiosity, are there any students in Princeton Math who failed to pass the qual?

Yeah, a couple fail every year or two (including a friend of mine who's an IMO gold medalist but simply didn't study enough for his general exam!). You get a second chance to pass though and I've never heard of anyone failing the second time around.

mathdeep wrote:1. Do anyone have any idea about the number of students admitted to UC Berkeley in this year so far? I saw 3 in gradcafe and one extra in here. Is there any chance that they will send more acceptances?

2. Though I got a rejection from Princeton, I don't see any acceptance in GC or here! I know a few guys who have been waitlisted. So where are the accepted guys? Also number of acceptances in Harvard is only 3 in GC which is much lesser as compared to the last year in GC. Is this the fact that whoever is cracking a top five is posting almost nowhere?

As I said, only 19 got accepted, so it's not too surprising that none of those people posted on GC or here. Interestingly, I have a friend who was accepted by Stanford, MIT, and Harvard, but didn't even get waitlisted by Princeton.

Mezox
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby Mezox » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Hey guys! Does anybody know if the UCLA-ship has sailed? I have neither gotten an admission letter nor been rejected by them yet (as an international student). For everybody who's getting really restless waiting for results, I just wanna say you're not alone and even though this is a zero-sum game of sorts I wish you all good luck!

notcaca
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby notcaca » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:50 pm

International student here.

Does anybody know if Chicago waitlisted anyone yet?

functorofpoints
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:09 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby functorofpoints » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:12 am

xor wrote:Sigh I've already had a job - for some years now; it's just not what I want to do with my life. So of course getting a funded PhD admission is my priority but I'd rather get into an unfunded Masters and raise funds to get things moving, than go back to what I'm currently doing. I hope things work out for each of us.


Thanks man, good luck to you too. It must be tough, I get the feeling they're really biased against people who have worked in industry before. When I say "just get a job", that part is what I'm kind of freaking out over, because I only ever did math in college lol. I can sort of write code but not well at all, I never practice brainteasers or mental math so interviewing could be a pretty big problem.

xor
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby xor » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:22 am

functorofpoints wrote:
xor wrote:Sigh I've already had a job - for some years now; it's just not what I want to do with my life. So of course getting a funded PhD admission is my priority but I'd rather get into an unfunded Masters and raise funds to get things moving, than go back to what I'm currently doing. I hope things work out for each of us.


Thanks man, good luck to you too. It must be tough, I get the feeling they're really biased against people who have worked in industry before. When I say "just get a job", that part is what I'm kind of freaking out over, because I only ever did math in college lol. I can sort of write code but not well at all, I never practice brainteasers or mental math so interviewing could be a pretty big problem.

Thanks man. If you'd like to improve your mental math and/or get better at math-based teasers, you might like to checkout http://brilliant.org

Brilliant has managed to gamify math, and there are some pretty interesting problems there. Nowadays I use it - from time to time - to take some of the edge off my anxiety.

sara12
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby sara12 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:51 am

Someone posted on gradcafe about Dartmouth rejection with "As of February 9, 2014, we have completed our admission and wait list. Unfortunately you are not on either of those lists."

I didn't get an acceptance, rejection, or a waitlist. So... what does this even mean? I've checked my email/spam/the website, and nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got waitlisted. Yay! I was expecting a rejection.

zeta_0.5
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby zeta_0.5 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:10 pm

no acceptance, no rejections, no wait list... nothing... I will wait for this week, then I will send email to the program to know the status..
good luck everyone.

Austin
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby Austin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:20 pm

To the Dartmouth waiters: Dartmouth's open house is March 5-8. I was accepted there on Friday, and will make a decision as quickly as I can.

I know this doesn't really help your situation, but I am very familiar with the waiting process and know how it feels to be starved for information.

Best of luck!

sara12
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby sara12 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Austin wrote:To the Dartmouth waiters: Dartmouth's open house is March 5-8. I was accepted there on Friday, and will make a decision as quickly as I can.

I know this doesn't really help your situation, but I am very familiar with the waiting process and know how it feels to be starved for information.

Best of luck!


Congrats! And thanks for the info. Good luck deciding!

Kilgore_Trout
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby Kilgore_Trout » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:23 pm

So in class today I get a call from a Maryland number, no voicemail. I get pumped assuming its Univ of Maryland. I tried calling them back but i either get call failed or busy tone. I know at my school you cant call back if your were called from an office phone.

I would like say this whole process is barbaric and making me crazy. Now that I got that off my chest, I am gonna start looking through reverse telephone directories. If it is a telemarketer, they are gonna get an ear full.

Leave a stupid voicemail!

ScharlachRot
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby ScharlachRot » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:20 pm

kuz wrote:As I said, only 19 got accepted, so it's not too surprising that none of those people posted on GC or here. Interestingly, I have a friend who was accepted by Stanford, MIT, and Harvard, but didn't even get waitlisted by Princeton.


If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a question: what would you estimate are my real chances as a waitlisted student at Princeton? (I haven't pushed or insisted with this topic to the department, in fact I didn't even answer their first and only email notification and I do not know what my rank is, if there is such a rank). Thanks!

notcaca
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby notcaca » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Accepted to Northwestern, pure math. If anyone else that got accepted there wishes to talk, please pm!!!

ScharlachRot
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby ScharlachRot » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:13 pm

notcaca, didn't you expect there to be an open house visit? I just received their funding offer. I thought I would visit Chicago for the first time, lol. Only top 5 schools have open houses?

xor
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby xor » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Thegradcafe is down. :shock:

Now I can't do my hourly refresh. :x :x

algebraicallyminded
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby algebraicallyminded » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:33 am

Just got a rejection from Emory. Did they take any international students? If you are one of them, can you share your spec?

Austin
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby Austin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:05 pm

xor wrote:Thegradcafe is down. :shock:

Now I can't do my hourly refresh. :x :x


I'm impressed that you can wait an hour.

xor
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby xor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Still no response on any of my applications: neither acceptance, wait-list nor rejection.

Just one acceptance will cure me of this madness. It's 3:52am here. Nowadays I can't even sleep anymore.

jjharty10
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby jjharty10 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:32 am

Kilgore_Trout wrote:So in class today I get a call from a Maryland number, no voicemail. I get pumped assuming its Univ of Maryland. I tried calling them back but i either get call failed or busy tone. I know at my school you cant call back if your were called from an office phone.

I would like say this whole process is barbaric and making me crazy. Now that I got that off my chest, I am gonna start looking through reverse telephone directories. If it is a telemarketer, they are gonna get an ear full.

Leave a stupid voicemail!


I was in class and got a call from a South Carolina number. Needless to say, the person did not leave a voicemail but thankfully called later that day and I was free to answer. Oh, it was the grad director asking about nomination for a fellowship.

grad
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby grad » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:51 am

Does anyone know anything about Brown? I saw there was one acceptance a couple weeks ago but that's all I've seen.

sara12
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby sara12 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:11 am

grad wrote:Does anyone know anything about Brown? I saw there was one acceptance a couple weeks ago but that's all I've seen.


I think that acceptance might have been for applied math, they just didn't list it correctly. It corresponded to the acceptances/rejections for applied math. I'd expect more acceptances/rejections to go out/appear on grad cafe (since Brown is a fairly popular school, chances are someone rejected will post on gradcafe), so I'm guessing Brown hasn't gone out yet. Just my guess.

bernface
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby bernface » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Email from Northwestern today: rejected. Balls.
2 down, 13 to go.

ScharlachRot
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby ScharlachRot » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Rejection season is off! First to come: MIT, as expected.

kuz
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:32 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby kuz » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:06 pm

ScharlachRot wrote:
kuz wrote:As I said, only 19 got accepted, so it's not too surprising that none of those people posted on GC or here. Interestingly, I have a friend who was accepted by Stanford, MIT, and Harvard, but didn't even get waitlisted by Princeton.


If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a question: what would you estimate are my real chances as a waitlisted student at Princeton? (I haven't pushed or insisted with this topic to the department, in fact I didn't even answer their first and only email notification and I do not know what my rank is, if there is such a rank). Thanks!

It depends. One of the students in my year was waitlisted then got in, but most years I think very few people get in off the waitlist. This year, there aren't that many places they have to offer. The open house visit for prospective students is in a month - usually after that, the department has a pretty good idea of how many students are going to accept their offer.

cheunger
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby cheunger » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 pm

I realized that I didn't really put a legend on my transcript.. I've taken 4 grad classes (including core algebra), but I'm not sure if they'll figure it out. The course codes go from MAT-100, MAT-200, .. MAT-400 (to match the year level of the course), and then the grad courses are MAT-1000. Do you think I should send some kind of clarifying thing?

Thanks!

grad
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby grad » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:14 pm

cheunger wrote:I realized that I didn't really put a legend on my transcript.. I've taken 4 grad classes (including core algebra), but I'm not sure if they'll figure it out. The course codes go from MAT-100, MAT-200, .. MAT-400 (to match the year level of the course), and then the grad courses are MAT-1000. Do you think I should send some kind of clarifying thing?

Thanks!


Most transcripts should automatically come with a back page that explains what the course codes mean (along with explaining the letter grades, etc.). If that's not the case for your school, you might want to let people know at the departments you applied to.

cheunger
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby cheunger » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:56 pm

grad wrote:
cheunger wrote:I realized that I didn't really put a legend on my transcript.. I've taken 4 grad classes (including core algebra), but I'm not sure if they'll figure it out. The course codes go from MAT-100, MAT-200, .. MAT-400 (to match the year level of the course), and then the grad courses are MAT-1000. Do you think I should send some kind of clarifying thing?

Thanks!


Most transcripts should automatically come with a back page that explains what the course codes mean (along with explaining the letter grades, etc.). If that's not the case for your school, you might want to let people know at the departments you applied to.


Thank you for your reply. The deadline for documents has already passed and everything. How do you suggest I proceed? Send them an email?

Thanks!

Kilgore_Trout
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby Kilgore_Trout » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:59 pm

To the people who got accepted to Michigan, are you pure or did you apply for AIM?

grad
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby grad » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:20 pm

cheunger wrote:
grad wrote:
cheunger wrote:I realized that I didn't really put a legend on my transcript.. I've taken 4 grad classes (including core algebra), but I'm not sure if they'll figure it out. The course codes go from MAT-100, MAT-200, .. MAT-400 (to match the year level of the course), and then the grad courses are MAT-1000. Do you think I should send some kind of clarifying thing?

Thanks!


Most transcripts should automatically come with a back page that explains what the course codes mean (along with explaining the letter grades, etc.). If that's not the case for your school, you might want to let people know at the departments you applied to.


Thank you for your reply. The deadline for documents has already passed and everything. How do you suggest I proceed? Send them an email?

Thanks!


Yeah. Email would probably be the way to go. Or call. Calling might get you more direct results.

ScharlachRot
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby ScharlachRot » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:13 pm

kuz wrote:It depends. One of the students in my year was waitlisted then got in, but most years I think very few people get in off the waitlist. This year, there aren't that many places they have to offer. The open house visit for prospective students is in a month - usually after that, the department has a pretty good idea of how many students are going to accept their offer.


Thanks for the answer!

catofcats
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:44 am

Re: So where is the sweat thread?

Postby catofcats » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Looks like the UW Seattle Pure Math program has sent out some acceptances and rejections...although I've yet to here any thing :!:




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests