Virginia Tech News?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
avisottda

Virginia Tech News?

Post by avisottda » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:32 am

Has anyone heard from Virginia Tech? They responded to my email yesterday saying that they will make a decision by April 15th...wondering if I am waitlisted.

I saw someone on this board who went to VT for undergrad and got accepted to VT early on. If you are that person, can you shed some light on what's going om with Virginia Tech?

rules42

Re: Virginia Tech News?

Post by rules42 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:38 pm

In the same boat. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they said we should be hearing back very soon. If i hear new i'll post back here

avisottda

Post by avisottda » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 am

Thanks rules42. There is just one admit on GC. They canceled the recruitment weekend thing this year apparently. I wonder if this is because of the budget cut.

avisottda

Post by avisottda » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:57 pm

No news so far. I can't trust people anymore, lol. Not related to VT, but one graduate director interviewed me and told me that I will hear from them very soon. Guess what? I heard nothing. Another school that I Ave been accepted told me that I would hear about funding by late March. Well, predictably I heard nothing so far. Let's see if VT will keep up with this trend (of false promises).