Rice CAAM decisions?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
dangxing
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am

Rice CAAM decisions?

Postby dangxing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:30 pm

I saw there is one person got offer in the forum. Anyone else heard from the Rice?

cooltrainer
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:50 pm

Re: Rice CAAM decisions?

Postby cooltrainer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:06 pm

I like how UMD AMSC (and many other schools) replied to my emails even though their answers were not definite. Rice CAAM has never replied to me, even when I had a technical problem with my application in January. I am glad I am not going to live in the unpleasant and boring Houston in the next 6 years of my life.

dangxing
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am

Re: Rice CAAM decisions?

Postby dangxing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 pm

cooltrainer wrote:I like how UMD AMSC (and many other schools) replied to my emails even though their answers were not definite. Rice CAAM has never replied to me, even when I had a technical problem with my application in January. I am glad I am not going to live in the unpleasant and boring Houston in the next 6 years of my life.



That's true they barely reply. I hate it, too.

efajardo
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am

Re: Rice CAAM decisions?

Postby efajardo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:40 pm

dangxing wrote:
cooltrainer wrote:I like how UMD AMSC (and many other schools) replied to my emails even though their answers were not definite. Rice CAAM has never replied to me, even when I had a technical problem with my application in January. I am glad I am not going to live in the unpleasant and boring Houston in the next 6 years of my life.



That's true they barely reply. I hate it, too.


Hi! Would you mind sharing your profile?

tbil
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:46 am

Re: Rice CAAM decisions?

Postby tbil » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:49 pm

dangxing wrote:
cooltrainer wrote:I like how UMD AMSC (and many other schools) replied to my emails even though their answers were not definite. Rice CAAM has never replied to me, even when I had a technical problem with my application in January. I am glad I am not going to live in the unpleasant and boring Houston in the next 6 years of my life.



That's true they barely reply. I hate it, too.


Yeah they never replied to my requests for status updates either. Maybe too busy...? After they didn't reply to me twice I counted myself out of having any chance. :o

tbil
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:46 am

Re: Rice CAAM decisions?

Postby tbil » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Actually, I was just reading their grad FAQ and it says, in two separate places,

Please refrain from contacting the department about the status of your application; this will only lengthen the selection process.

Please do not contact department to check on your application status. You can check your application status online with your username and password.



So maybe that's why they never reply to status update questions. I feel like a dope for never having read that... :) http://www.caam.rice.edu/grad_faq.html

dangxing
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am

Re: Rice CAAM decisions?

Postby dangxing » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:42 pm

tbil wrote:Actually, I was just reading their grad FAQ and it says, in two separate places,

Please refrain from contacting the department about the status of your application; this will only lengthen the selection process.

Please do not contact department to check on your application status. You can check your application status online with your username and password.



So maybe that's why they never reply to status update questions. I feel like a dope for never having read that... :) http://www.caam.rice.edu/grad_faq.html


I feel like that I already lose my chance




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests