Funded Masters Programs in Applied Math

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
sabq

Funded Masters Programs in Applied Math

Post by sabq » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a list of funded masters programs in applied math (waved tuition plus stipend).

Your help is appreciated.

y45askel

Re: Funded Masters Programs in Applied Math

Post by y45askel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey again :P

There are a lot of programs...

Western Michigan University, Old Dominion University, Wayne State University.. if you google Applied Mathematics Master's Program, you will find an innumerate amount of programs. I know that you're interested in Biomath and there's a program at Illinois State for that as well. All provide a tuition waiver + stipend granted that you get the assistantship. I am not sure if all the deadlines have passed or not.

phku

Post by phku » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Deadline has passed for funding, but add Boise State University to that list. Current stipend is 13k p/ year (9 month academic year) with TAship, full tuition waiver, and health insurance paid. Boise is also a great place to live, the 13k would go a long way, I did my undergrad there.

LearningMath

Post by LearningMath » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:40 am

UMass Amherst has MS Applied Math program with TAship + tuition waiver

voronoi

Post by voronoi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

University of New Mexico has MS Applied Math program with 17k TAship + tuition waiver. It's actually pretty good program, and you can also work for National Labs in NM, like Sandia and Los Alamos.

Btw, the deadline for funding for UNM is 3/15, so 2 days left. Otherwise, you can just apply, and they might give you funding later in the summer, if someone declines to go there, or a TA position is opened up.

nchar

Post by nchar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:27 pm

How about funded master programs in Europe or other reputable foreign universities? Anyone know a list of those?