decisions from USC, CMU, Rice, Duke for applied math?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
dangxing

decisions from USC, CMU, Rice, Duke for applied math?

Post by dangxing » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Anyone get those results?

marco

Re: decisions from USC, CMU, Rice, Duke for applied math?

Post by marco » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 pm

I applied to Duke and have not received anything. I'm assuming that I will be considered for the Applied Math section because I explicitly express interest of it in my sop. I applied to the PhD program in Math though. Which if I'm not mistaken is the same program for both pure and applied.

m_s

Post by m_s » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Same here for Duke.. However I got admitted to CMU for Numerical Analysis and PDEs.

dangxing

Post by dangxing » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 pm

m_s wrote:Same here for Duke.. However I got admitted to CMU for Numerical Analysis and PDEs.
Big cong! When did you get ur result? Also, do you mind tell us a little bit abt ur background? Thank you!

m_s

Post by m_s » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:38 pm

dangxing wrote:
m_s wrote:Same here for Duke.. However I got admitted to CMU for Numerical Analysis and PDEs.
Big cong! When did you get ur result? Also, do you mind tell us a little bit abt ur background? Thank you!

First week of February. International student,I have taken many courses and I have a good subject ( > 80%), but I think that it was a matter of fitting with a professor's interestes, as I have gotten a couple of rejections (Brown DAM, UCLA, Princeton) already..

(does any of you know if UBC has a good rep in applied math? )

mindreader

Post by mindreader » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Same here, got admitted to Carnegie Mellon for applied analysis (diff equations etc.). received an offer last feb 8, the first time I heard from a school. So far it's my only PhD admit

dangxing

Post by dangxing » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 pm

mindreader wrote:
Same here, got admitted to Carnegie Mellon for applied analysis (diff equations etc.). received an offer last feb 8, the first time I heard from a school. So far it's my only PhD admit

Big Cong! I really want to go to CMU. Sigh.

dangxing

Post by dangxing » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 pm

mindreader wrote:

What else results u got?