Applied math result?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
dangxing

Applied math result?

Post by dangxing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 am

I apply to a lot of schools for applied math and currently get 8 rejections, anyone else get any information?

mindreader

Re: Applied math result?

Post by mindreader » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 am

dangxing wrote:I apply to a lot of schools for applied math and currently get 8 rejections, anyone else get any information?
May I know what schools you applied to, out of curiosity? Are you from China btw? You ought to know that with the multitude of people applying from China, it can get extremely competitive from your side...

Legendre

Post by Legendre » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 am

I'm international, non-Chinese, and I applied to 10 schools for Applied Math but only got 2 rejections so far. No results from the rest! REALLY sweating this...

mindreader

Post by mindreader » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 am

Legendre wrote:I'm international, non-Chinese, and I applied to 10 schools for Applied Math but only got 2 rejections so far. No results from the rest! REALLY sweating this...
but I thought you were ethnic chinese? :o

Legendre

Post by Legendre » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 am

mindreader wrote: but I thought you were ethnic chinese? :o
I am not Chinese. -_____-'''

mindreader

Post by mindreader » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Legendre wrote:
mindreader wrote: but I thought you were ethnic chinese? :o
I am not Chinese. -_____-'''
then how come you were able to understand what the chinese students were saying when we took the math gre exam?

dangxing

Post by dangxing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

mindreader wrote:
dangxing wrote:I apply to a lot of schools for applied math and currently get 8 rejections, anyone else get any information?
May I know what schools you applied to, out of curiosity? Are you from China btw? You ought to know that with the multitude of people applying from China, it can get extremely competitive from your side...

I am a Chinese, but I am PR. Right I got offer from UNC. Got rej from Washington, Chicago, Brown, Cornell(I guess?), Emory, UCLA. Also, A prof from Yale told me I am not the short list, but he would tell me if there is a chance. So it's like a half rej