Applied math result?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
dangxing
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am

Applied math result?

Postby dangxing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 am

I apply to a lot of schools for applied math and currently get 8 rejections, anyone else get any information?

mindreader
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Applied math result?

Postby mindreader » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 am

dangxing wrote:I apply to a lot of schools for applied math and currently get 8 rejections, anyone else get any information?


May I know what schools you applied to, out of curiosity? Are you from China btw? You ought to know that with the multitude of people applying from China, it can get extremely competitive from your side...

Legendre
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 am

Re: Applied math result?

Postby Legendre » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 am

I'm international, non-Chinese, and I applied to 10 schools for Applied Math but only got 2 rejections so far. No results from the rest! REALLY sweating this...

mindreader
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Applied math result?

Postby mindreader » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 am

Legendre wrote:I'm international, non-Chinese, and I applied to 10 schools for Applied Math but only got 2 rejections so far. No results from the rest! REALLY sweating this...


but I thought you were ethnic chinese? :o

Legendre
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 am

Re: Applied math result?

Postby Legendre » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 am

mindreader wrote:but I thought you were ethnic chinese? :o


I am not Chinese. -_____-'''

mindreader
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Applied math result?

Postby mindreader » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Legendre wrote:
mindreader wrote:but I thought you were ethnic chinese? :o


I am not Chinese. -_____-'''


then how come you were able to understand what the chinese students were saying when we took the math gre exam?

dangxing
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am

Re: Applied math result?

Postby dangxing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

mindreader wrote:
dangxing wrote:I apply to a lot of schools for applied math and currently get 8 rejections, anyone else get any information?


May I know what schools you applied to, out of curiosity? Are you from China btw? You ought to know that with the multitude of people applying from China, it can get extremely competitive from your side...



I am a Chinese, but I am PR. Right I got offer from UNC. Got rej from Washington, Chicago, Brown, Cornell(I guess?), Emory, UCLA. Also, A prof from Yale told me I am not the short list, but he would tell me if there is a chance. So it's like a half rej




Return to “Mathematics GRE Forum: The GRE Subject Test in Mathematics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], itosformula and 3 guests