November Scores

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
marco

November Scores

Post by marco » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Im starting to fill out my application forms and don't know what to do about the GRE Math scores. It is highly likely that my November Score will be higher than my October Score so I don't want to inform the Universities about my current score. Some schools ask you to fill the score part of the application form and it must be added before being submitted. I know that I will be able to add my November score by December 10 but I am afraid that this will too close to the deadline (December 15) to submit my whole application. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

waiting512

Re: November Scores

Post by waiting512 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Just put the date that you took the test on the form. They will fill in the blanks when they receive your scores (which will usually be before you do).

marco

Post by marco » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 pm

I see that University of Minnesota suggests that we do this in their page but University of Texas at Austin. Is it standard practice? So i fill the blank with Nov. 10 instead of my October score?

Many thanks for your answer and time.

waiting512

Post by waiting512 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 pm

I don't think it much matters if you sent both. I would leave it blank personally.

Legendre

Post by Legendre » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:53 am

marco wrote:I know that I will be able to add my November score by December 10 but I am afraid that this will too close to the deadline (December 15) to submit my whole application.
I think its fine to submit your application the day before the deadline.

Also, you can see if you can state the date but not scores. I had past experience with an ivy league department where they called me up for interviewed, and then say a few days later that they haven't gotten my GRE scores. Really shows how much they care about the score lol.

dexter

Post by dexter » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:35 am

Legendre: Were you interviewed by a math department? I've never heard of math applicants being interviewed before.

Legendre

Post by Legendre » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:35 pm

dexter wrote:Legendre: Were you interviewed by a math department? I've never heard of math applicants being interviewed before.
Interdisciplinary. You are right: it is probably the other department(s) involved that want to interview.

However, it is the norm to interview in Europe.