Retaking GRE Subject

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
m_s

Retaking GRE Subject

Post by m_s » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I have tried to communicate with ETS but they do not answer to my mails or answer only to a protion of what I ask. I was thinking of sending the October scores to the universities I intend to apply to. However, I think of retaking the test in November and resend the scores if there is any significant change. I have read in several forums, including this one, that you should not send two similar scores. That's why I want to send only the October results and decide about the second results only after they come out. However, I have read that ETS sends all the scores despite asserting that using Score Select you can send only what you choose. Is there anyone who has any relevant experience on this? Is this Score Select option to be trusted or do they send everything despite what someone asks? What I ask may seem wierd, as such "organizations" are supposed to be trusted, but I have read various contradicting stories about this.

mnbv

Re: Retaking GRE Subject

Post by mnbv » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Where have you read that ets sends all scores regardless? Doesn't sound plausible at all.

m_s

Re: Retaking GRE Subject

Post by m_s » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:49 pm

It was in a forum. someone was complaining that they messed up with his scores,as he asked to send some scores and they sent everything. However, I think that he was talking about requesting only subject scores, while ets sent general scores too. I may find the link. I wouldn't find it possible either, but they keep "neglecting" answering to every question I send regarding the Score Select option-which I keep sending- while answering to everything else. This is why I became a little concerned and wanted to learn if someone has any relevant experience :?